What makes Richmond School District a best place for international students
Richmond has 10 secondary schools with a combined enrolment of approximately 11,000. Each school in Richmond, without exception, offers students the opportunity to get a world-class education with BC Certified teachers, international student coordinators, modern school facilities and an extensive range of course options.
In addition to the wide range of academic and technical courses, Richmond schools offer courses in the following:
- International Baccalaureate-Senior Years (IB-SYP) and International Baccalaureate-Middle Years Program (IB-MYP)
- Information Technology
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- Modern Languages
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Broadcasting and Recording Arts Technology
- all levels of Computer Assisted Design and Drafting (CADD)
- Environmental Biology
- Computer Animation
- Desktop Publishing
- Music Composition
Grades: 8 – 12
Entry Dates: September or February each year
Credit program: for students who wish to earn credits towards a high school diploma in Canada or to transfer back to their home country
Program Length: one semester to 2+ years.
In school activities: We strongly encourage students to participate in sports and/or clubs at their school. Each school in Richmond has an extensive range of activities for students to join. A list of sports and clubs can be found on the individual school websites.
RIE organized activities: RIE also arranges a series of international student activities throughout the year to allow for exploration around Western Canada. For more information, please check out our annual field trips on our Upcoming Events page.
Reasons of choosing us
RIE is committed to supporting students and encouraging a life-changing learning experience. We are passionate about student development and encouraging them to be the best they can be, both in and outside the classroom.
- Student Achievement: consistently one of the highest achievement rates in Western Canada
- English Language Learning (ELL) Support: the standard for the province of British Columbia
- Location and Community: A multicultural, urban, upper-middle-class and welcoming community within 25 minutes to downtown Vancouver
- Modern Facilities: new, modern and inclusive learning environments
- Course Options: a wide range of academic and elective courses, including: Advanced Placement (AP), Engineering, and Senior and Junior Years’ International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes
- Homestay: our in-house homestay program is able to personally assist students through all aspects of the homestay experience
- Student Support: comprehensive, multi-lingual support found in each school and through the RIE department.