The Kootenay-Columbia School District is located on the slopes of the picturesque Monashee and Selkirk Mountains, and in the valleys of the Lower Columbia River Basin. The district serves six municipalities and numerous small communities.
We are a responsive learning community motivated to ensure every student’s success. Our vision is to be an inclusive learning community where everyone has the opportunity to learn, achieve their full potential, and be empowered to pursue their aspirations.
Our strategic directions are to
- enhance engagement, learning, and success for each student;
- strengthen a culture of inclusion that respects and embraces diversity
- promote and nurture collaboration, teamwork, and continuous learning
- develop shared understanding and collective responsibility in support of the District’s strategic directions and performance
School District Distribution
- Elementary Schools: 6
- Elementary/secondary Schools: 1
- Secondary School: 2