The University of Victoria is one of BC and Canada’s best universities and this is clearly based on their numerous awards and high rankings by external bodies. The University currently has over 18000 undergraduate students and over 3000 graduate students. This is not a surprise, based on the school’s excellent location and diverse program options.
About the University of Victoria
The University of Victoria is a British Columbia public university on Vancouver Island. The setting of this university is idyllic – the campus is within a quiet neighbourhood, just steps away from an expansive beach that students can walk down to for picnics, jogs, or just to take a study break. It is also just a short bus ride from Victoria. The University also offers a diverse array of programs; the faculties available include business, education, engineering, fine arts, human and social development, humanities, law, science, social science and graduate studies.
UVIC has been well-ranked by existing Canadian organizations. They have received praise from the institutions below:
- First among comprehensive universities in Canada for medical/science grants per faculty according to Maclean’s
- Third amongst all Canadian universities for citation impact per faculty member according to QS University Rankings
- Fourth in the Air and Climate category of the 2019 Sustainable Campus Index, compiled by the international Association for Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education, and Gold Certified in AASHE’s Sustainability Tracking, Assessment and Rating System
Rankings by External Organizations
The University has also been recognized by external bodies, including the Leiden University Rankings.
- Number one in North America for international research collaborations
- UVIC-based researchers consistently write more top-performing papers based on international collaborations.
- UVIC is within the top 300 globally for research impact across all sciences
- The University maintains its spot in the top one percent of universities in the world and amongst the top-ranked in Canada for scientific impact
- Number one in Canada for Open Access publications
- UVIC is the best school in Canada for making science and scholarship findings accessible and affordable. More than half of UVIC’s publications circulate legally in open access journals.
UVIC also regularly scores high in numerous Maclean’s Magazine divisions:
- The University is consistently ranked among the top Canadian comprehensive universities
- Amongst all Canadian universities, it is in first place for medical and science grants as well as faculty awards.
Honours and Awards
At UVIC 47 faculty members have been elected as fellows to the Royal Society of Canada. Next, UVIC has 41 research chairs and many instructors who are winners of national 3M teaching awards. Finally, both the co-op program in education and the School of Business has received the awards for Excellence in Internationalization from Scotiabank.
UVIC is great for international students! This is not just a fun fact either but is rather recognized by other institutions through awards and rankings. If you are looking to live close to the beach, in a gorgeous city, and study the program of your dreams, then UVIC is the school for you!
Read the original on: University of Victoria